WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN): is a non-hazardous solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in the U.S. and Canada. Our employees foster a work culture of Servant Leadership.
Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play harder culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.
Why you need to join us!
Waste Connections is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Our people mean everything to us.
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
A Day in the Life of an Operations Leader:
• Assign and supervise work crews operating solid waste collection equipment.
• Monitors progress of daily operations, reassigns employees, and makes staffing changes as necessary.
• Helps develop and execute safety goals.
• Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures.
• Receives and reviews customer complaints regarding collection programs.
• Performs reviews and performance management discussions.
• Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans for the Hauling Company.
• Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, OSHA, and local permitting.
• Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities based on performance
• Bachelor's degree
• Have or ability to obtain a CDL
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement, and relocation assistance.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)