Small Equipment Operator
Small Equipment Operator
Second Shift Work Schedule: 2:00 pm - 11:30 pm
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Operates one or two pieces of equipment including but not limited to baler, front-end loader, bobcat, candensifier or forklift to transport or bind paper or other loose materials to facilitate handling.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Sorts and grades material.
- Fills and operates candensifier.
- Records materials or items received or distributed and mark materials with identifying information.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Insures material is being fed properly onto conveyor.
- Coordinates flow of material.
- Starts baler up on time, read monitor, which displays functions of baler, and reacts quickly to machine prompts and alarms, and ensures proper operation.
- Monitors and documents downtime.
- Insures safety around working areas.
- Checks quality of material before it is baled or shipped.
- Coordinates with MRF Manager to see what material needs to be baled or shipped.
- Performs routine maintenance and daily inspection on equipment such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning.
- Keeps supply of wire on hand for baler.
- Operates loader, forklift, bobcat, or other equipment to move material to designated area.
- Keeps surrounding work areas clean.
- Unloads, tags, and stacks material in proper rows by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Loads or unloads materials into or out of trailers and railcars.
- Moves material from baler.
- Dumps containers, bins, and gaylords of materials.
- Reads loading, unloading sheets and bills of ladings.
- Completes necessary load and unload tally sheets.
- Inspects and grades wastepaper that is received at plant.
- Ensures vehicle condition reports are filled out properly as required by corporate guidelines.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: Six (6) months of previous work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: shop or field.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It’s a way to create opportunities for you and your family.
We Are Stable: Our WM team is home every day, and our team members perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for benefits eligible employees and their family, and established career progression.
We Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and more!
Who are we? #WeAreWM