Field Fleet Support Manager
Why work for Waste Management? The Value of a WM Job is more than a paycheck.
We are Committed to your Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and your family
We are People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We are Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful work
We are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day Care, and more!
About the Job
Manages the full fleet of primary and secondary equipment, in alignment with corporate objectives, as required for designated projects. This position will require travel throughout the Market Area (MD/VA/WPA/WV)
What You'll be Doing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Coaches and develops field-based Fleet Managers to ensure knowledge transfer on key business process.
- Performs site assessments/audits (at the direction of the Group Fleet Director) to assist site in identifying maintenance performance improvement opportunities.
- Communicates facility support observations, findings, and corrective action issues to the Group Fleet Director, Corporate Management, and support field staff, as needed.
- Travel, as required, to support Fleet Maintenance Initiatives (estimated 40 weeks annually).
- Provide field communications between all levels of management for the Field Support staff.
- Support COMPASS activity. Serve as support resource between corporate and field staff.
- Champions a customer-focused, results-oriented, safe culture inside and outside the Fleet/Maintenance organization.
- Acts as an internal consultant and advisor to leadership in assigned geographic area.
- Maintains a demonstrated competency in the areas of fleet management, asset utilization, process implementation, process, improvement, root cause analysis, customer service, training, personnel development, and capital/expense management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited)
- Experience: Five years of relevant work experience in the refuse industry, automotive industry, trucking industry or military maintenance background (in addition to education requirement).
- Valid driver's license required
- Ability to organize and effectively supervise others.
- Ability to follow a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
f this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”