Diesel Mechanic (R-50544)
Waste Connections is looking for a high energyDiesel Mechanic to work on our fleet of trucks at ourlocation in Charlotte, NC.
This is a split shift starting at 10 am and ending approximately at 8:30 pm.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 1 Year of experience in heavy truck maintenance and repair, or completion of accredited vocational technical school program in Diesel Mechanics
- CDL Class A or B is a plus; Ability to obtain a Class A or B in the future is required
- State MVR a plus.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)