Residential Recycle Route Driver (R-50843)
Arrow Sanitary, a Waste Connections Company, is looking to hire asafety conscience Residential Recycle Route Driverto join the team in Portland, Oregon. Previous waste experience would be a hugeplus! This is a Residential Recycle Route, Shift is Monday-Friday 5:30AM and ends when route is complete generally 9-11 hrs/day. Union starting rate of pay is $28.55/HR.
WHO ARE WE?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) – We arean integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 7 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 43 States, The District of Columbia and 6 Canadian Provinces. Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America”, 3Years in a Row!
WHY YOU NEED TO JOIN US!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Union Benefits Include Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Pension plan.
- Yearly Boot Allowance of $300.00 Per Year
- Yearly Safety Bonus of up to $1,750
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to Comprehend Route Tablet and service each customer identified or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers 700+ Customers Containers per day.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load Recyclable Containers at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 5:30am to 3:30 or later, with an occasional Saturday's as needed, Standard 45 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting (50+ pounds), pushing, or pulling required of objects over 100 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsementREQUIRED.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)