Mountain Waste & Recycling, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a safety conscience Driver Helper to join our GROWING team in Carbondale, Colorado.
WHY YOU NEED TO JOIN US:
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
- $19.00 to $21.00 per hour.
- This position is eligible for Safety Bonuses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck (excluding driving) on specified routes to collect solid waste and recycling.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Assist the route driver collect the trash and dispose of safely.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 40-45 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical stamina and the ability to be at work at a specific time daily.
- Bilingual ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in Spanish and English is highly desirable.
- A valid Colorado drivers license.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)