Specialist Trailer Repair
United Site Services (USS) is the nation’s leader in temporary site solutions including portable restrooms, restroom trailers, temporary fence, roll off dumpsters, and more. With 100+ locations coast-to-coast, USS plays a pivotal role for customers in the construction, event, industrial and government sectors. With a team of more than 3,000 trained professionals, we’re committed to providing Easy, Safe & Clean site solutions to our customers no matter the project or event at hand.
Trailer Repair Specialists are responsible for ensuring all trailers are in optimal working condition before deployment to any site. Trailer Repair Specialist will work seamlessly with Trailer Drivers, Trailer Cleaners and Trailer Hub Manager to keep fleet in proper condition by completing routine repairs as needed and planning larger repairs as required.
• Diagnose, inspect and repair trailers including AC, heat, toilets, urinals, mirrors, walls, floors, doors, panels, painting as needed, electrical, changing water filters as needed.
• Trailers must be completely checked and repaired before delivery and upon return.
• Document all repairs completed including parts, labor hours, etc.
• Maintain inventory of tools, parts, supplies and other equipment to complete repairs as needed.
• Escalate and Report any problems found on trailer equipment to Supervisor.
• Special/Other projects as assigned by management.
• Follow United Site Services safety rules: utilizes protective clothing and equipment, reports safety hazards and incidents to supervisors.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Good communication skills
• Time management skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Technical experience in at least one of the following trades, with willingness to learn others:
• High School Diploma, GED or Work Experience
• Valid Driver’s License
• Sit while operating equipment and stand while servicing product
• Lift and move up to 50lbs
• Repeat movements
• Ability to stand and walk up to 30 minutes without exertion
• Physical strength and stamina
• Speak clearly
• Stepping and kneeling
• Ability to climb ladder
• See details of objects that are less than a few feet away and also at greater distance
United Site Services is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation , gender identity , age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.