Part-Time Recycling Depot Attendant
The Dalles Disposal, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a safety conscious Recycling Depot Attendant to join our team. The position travels throughout Sherman County monitoring our rural self serve recycle depot drop boxes in Rufus, Wasco, Moro, and Grass Valley. This is a remote position requiring communication with operations to request hauls for the commingle recycle and cardboard drop boxes as needed. There is minimal outreach and customer interaction but the Recycling Depot Attendant is expected to assist customers as needed.
The rate of pay will be $25.00/HR
Every Monday & Tuesday in Grass Valley 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
2nd Friday & Saturday Each Month in Moro 9:00 AM-4:30 PM
3rd Friday & Saturday Each Month in Wasco 9:00 AM-4:30 PM
4th Friday & Saturday Each Month in Rufus 9:00 AM-4:30 PM
Waste Connections has many stable opportunities for qualified and motivated individuals who want to be part of a dynamic organization. We provide competitive benefits and lots of room for individual growth as the company expands. Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Join us and be a part of a winning team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers as needed while ensuring that the customers place proper materials in the recycle drop boxes.
- Manual labor including keeping site clean and presentable.
- Customer interaction and Traffic management.
- Working outside in all weather conditions.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules that are set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; work with a sense of honesty, integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to adhere to work schedule and follow through on challenges as they arise
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] .
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)