Manager I, Material Recycling Facility MRF
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Ensures the highest standards of environmental safety and operational excellence by effectively managing the day-to-day operations of the assigned MRF, and maintains cost management within the MRF.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Ensures smooth operation of site, including: gatehouse, sorting, loading.
- Minimizes handling and operational costs.
- Continually works to reduce turnaround time for trucks in and out of site.
- Regularly proposes means of operational improvement.
- Acts as a liaison, where necessary, for community relationships.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management�s Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Submits reasonable budget information and analyzes data versus year-to-date data and prior year budget.
- Assists in creating a positive team-oriented environment through employee development and motivation.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property of the MRF through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with supervisors/employees.
- Oversees personnel needs of the MRF including selecting, coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic safety meetings.
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ________ full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of ________ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Industrial Engineering, or similar area of study or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Seven (7) years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
$73920 - $94270
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.�