Landfill Heavy Equipment Operator
- Ability to efficiently operate bulldozers, wheel loaders, excavator and off road dump trucks. Compactor experience preferred, but not required.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 5:30am-3:00pm with an occasional Saturday as needed, 45 hour work week.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment is required.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- Yearly Boot Allowance of $200.00 Per Year
- Yearly Safety Bonus of up to $1,800
- Uniforms and High Viability Safety gear provided
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)