LOAD INSPECTOR / SPOTTER
E.L. Harvey & Sons has an immediate position available for a Load Inspector/Spotter in Rochester, MA.
This position is responsible for maintaining safe and efficient traffic flow in the unloading area, inspecting waste received at the MRF for hazardous and unauthorized waste, sorting of waste by type, and ensuring that drivers and pedestrians are kept at a safe distance from all heavy equipment and industrial operations.
- Actively inspect loads for unauthorized material at the unloading area.
- Enforce MRF safety requirements and procedures.
- Spot trucks unloading in the tipping area and maintain traffic control in the area.
- Direct traffic safely in and out of the unloading area and controls the unloading of vehicles.
- Inspect and remove hazardous waste from all loads tipped at the MRF.
- Communicate effectively with all team members, including scale house operators, heavy equipment operators, lead operators and Supervisors.
- Immediately report all emergencies (e.g. fires, accidents) to the proper manager/supervisor.
- Performs fire safety inspections.
- Perform daily litter control on the MRF and maintains the entry road into the MRF.
- Keep the MRF tipping areas clean and well-maintained.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bending, reaching, stretching, and lifting up to 50 Lbs. frequently.
- Knowledge of fire response organization and fire control; use and care of fire hoses, nozzles and fittings; hose evolutions; fire extinguishers and protective equipment.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to construction operations.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and the public.
- Ability to understand and communicate in writing and verbally and follow instructions.
- Ability to observe proper safety precautions.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, chemicals, wet/hot conditions, & noise continuously.
- Works outside.
Why Join Us?
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
CULTURE It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
RESPECT We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)