Business Excellence/Project Manager
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Houston, TX based; Hybrid Role (Tues-Thursday in office; Mondays & Fri. - Remote)
I. Job Summary
The Business Excellence/Project Manager is responsible for managing strategic cross functional projects and improving overall supply chain performance. In this role, you will be responsible for the management of project-level scope, financials, bottom-up work plans, issues and risks and coordination of organizational change management. The role demands proficiency in communication as well as organizational and time management skill sets.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with internal customers and teams to develop and maintain project and/or program artifacts, such as scope, approach, solution, plan, resources, estimates; develop, track and manage project forecasts and costs; request budget allocation and reallocations; ensure project and /or program is within budget
- Facilitate team meetings, publish meeting notes and action items, ensure follow up with team members, update project documents and systems, ensure timely completion of action items; adhere and contribute to project management standards and processes, including tools and reporting
- Communicate project status and be the project advocate; take responsibility for proactive risk and issue management; ensure mitigating strategies or contingencies are appropriately applied to anticipated risks and issues
- Establish positive and collaborative relationships with customers and demonstrate a clear understanding of both internal and external customer requirements and success criteria
- Integrate and align with other departmental processes and solutions; participate in and facilitate post project/phase reviews to cultivate a learning organization; identify, manage and control changes to scope. Work with departments to develop and deploy metrics and controls.
- Collaborate with internal customers and appropriate teams on behavioral change management to ensure user adoption of new systems and processes, mentor and train less experienced team members on standards, processes and tools.
- Perform site evaluation of supplier manufacturing site. Work with supplier to establish baseline performance. Provide/develop guidance for improvement according WM requirements
- Identify and Scope continuous improvement opportunities.
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ____0____ full-time employees, including:
- The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in Business Administration or similar area of study, or lieu of degree HS Diploma or GED and four years of relevant work experience.
- Prefer 2 years experience with CI project execution in a business environment
- Prefer 2-5 years experience within manufacturing/assembly environment
- Prefer 2 years experience with continuous improvement initiatives/auditing with supplier operations
- Prefer Engineering (Mechanical/Industrial), or similar area of study
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- LSS Black Belt / Lean certified
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
- Familiar with various Project Management tools like MS project, Smartsheet, Gannt Chart, FMEA
- Excellent knowledge of project cost management, including preparing cost estimates to determine project budgets, projecting Estimates to Complete (ETC), Estimates at Completion (EAC) and managing to total project budget as well as in-year allocated budget
- Very strong in task and time management, delegation and accountability for oneself and project team members
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma or other continuous improvement/program management disciplines
- Experience with analytics, SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile/Scrum
- Strong communication, facilitation, and presentation skills across technical and senior operational management audiences
- Highly adept at building relationships and navigating the corporate environment across the business and cross functional teams
- Resourceful, quick learner, able to perform self-study
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally in North America. Up to 30% of travel required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) part of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: Hybrid - office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.