Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Waste Connections Incorporation
Driver Helper Offering $4,000 Stay On Bonus
Waste Connections is looking to hire a Driver Helper to join our team in Vancouver, WA. This is a physically demanding job where you will be working outside in all weather conditions 8+ Hours a day. Schedule is Monday - Friday 5:30am to 3:30pm with Occasional Overtime, Saturdays as needed. We will help train you to Obtain your CDL, while working with a Driver trainer out on Route.This is a union position starting at $24.00/HR and will Increase to $24.71/HR when you obtain a CDL license and are assigned a route. We are Offering a $4,000 Stay On Bonus!! This Position is eligible for union benefits and pension plan as well.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste. Waste experiencepreferred, but not required.
- Ability to read route Tablet and service each customer identified on the Route or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Ability to Lift, Push and Pull 900+ Garbage Cans per Route, into the Back of the Rear Load Garbage Truck.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 45-50 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Union Benefits and Pension Plan
- Yearly Boot Voucher of up to $450.00 a Year
- Yearly Safety Bonus of up to $1,750
- Company uniforms, High Visibility PPE gear and Safety gear.
- $4,000 Stay On Bonus!
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds through out a 8+ hour shift.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View]
target="_blank">[Register to View]
. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest. Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum. Or the ability to obtain one.
- Ability to obtain a CDL permit before starting day 1 of employment.
- Clean Driving Record.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete DOT pre- and post-trip inspections.