Manual CDL Driver
Les’ Sanitary, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a safety conscience Local Route Driver to join our team in North Bend, OR. This Driver will be driving a manual roll off garbage truck.
As a driver you will be operating an Automated truck collecting solid waste and transporting it to appropriate disposal sites. This Position requires you to work independently, in addition Drivers are expected to deliver excellence in customer service at all times. You will be cross trained in Automated Side Load Garbage Trucks, Front Load Garbage Trucks, and Roll Off Trucks.
The schedule will be 3:30 am start time, 9-10 hour days. Monday - Friday with occasional overtime and occasional Saturdays on volunteer basis. Highly Competitive Wage with Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Generous 401K Plan!!
Starting pay will be $24.00 per hour DOE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste.
- Ability to read route sheets, Route Tablets, and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement Required.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
What we offer our Employees;
- Yearly Safety Bonuses$$
- Yearly Boot Allowance$$
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Emergency Travel Assistance
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)