Commercial Roll-Off Driver
Olympic Disposal, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a safety conscience Commercial Roll-Off Driver to join our team in Sequim, WA.
The schedule will be Monday - Friday, 40-50 hours per week, 5:00 AM start time and runs until route is completed. Wages start at $25.50/HR.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, dependent care and health care flexible spending accounts, long term & short term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time-off, sick time-off, 401K retirement plan, and an employee share purchase program. Plus unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a roll-off truck to transport open top and compact drop box containers for proper disposal at the Transfer Station.
- Ability to read route sheets and work orders to service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Ability to handle waste from high-volume construction, residential, and commercial facilities.
- Responsible for the pick-up, hauling, and checking of the drop box/compactor container pre-trip.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, at times with no helpers.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Comply with all transportation laws and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).