We are looking for asafety conscienceRoll Off Truck Driverto join the team at our Hauling location inShelton, WA. Previous waste experience would be a hugeplus!
This is a Monday-Friday early AM day shift position. The starting pay for this position is $24.50/HR.
- Performs complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck along residential and commercial routes and to disposal area(s).
- Climbs into and out of truck at customer locations and disposal area(s) when necessary.
- Operates hand hydraulic controls to cycle compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers, and supervisors.
- Reads and maintains, in sequential order, tablet, follows map and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day Follows all safety policies and procedures as well as attend weekly safety meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED certification
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- Must meet Waste Connections Driver MVR Qualification Standards.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check and Department of Transportation Physical.
- Must be able to work early morning shift starting at 6:00 a.m.
- Must be able to read and fill out necessary paperwork completely.
- Communicate clearly to customers, dispatcher, and supervisors.
Job incumbents must be able to:
- Work over 40 hours a week and up to 60 hours a week.
- Must be able to lift up to 65 pounds.
- Driver must be able to read and understand a map, complete a daily driver log as well as pre and post trip truck inspections.
- Work independently while driving refuse truck on route
- Routes must be completed daily in all weather extremes including extreme hot or cold, wet or dry conditions
- Work hours will vary by route.
- Truck may or may not have air conditioning
- Constant exposure to unpleasant sights and smells
Apply todayand Connect with Your Future at[Register to View]
target="_blank">[Register to View]
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)