Transportation Route Manager
WHY WORK FOR WM?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
We are Committed to your Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and your family
We are People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We are Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful work
We are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day Care, and more!
About the Job
As Route Manager, you’ll lead operations of all routes under your supervision and direct yourself into a successful career. You’ll manage driver/laborer performances, maintain schedules and manage daily route tasks for a single or multiple lines of business in: Residential, Commercial, and Roll-Off. You’ll also ensure work environments are in compliance with all safety guidelines, initiate best practices for productivity and resolve any route issues. And most importantly keep drivers and customers happy! You’re the backbone of the operation and will motivate your team to grow and succeed.
What Does It Take to be a Route Manager?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job
- Associate degree (accredited) or a high school diploma/GED and two (2) years of relevant work experience in transportation, logistics, warehousing, or solid waste operations.
- Coaching, routing assessments and leading employees are requirements of the role.
What You'll Do
To be successful as a Route Manager, you’ll be expected to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily.
- Organize and schedule all necessary resources required to accomplish activities. Coordinates daily operational needs with Maintenance team.
- Plan, distribute, monitor, and follow-up daily route assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and agreements.
- Manage the end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
- Monitor driver and laborer time and attendance, minimizing overtime and ensuring that drivers do not exceed limits established by regulatory agencies (e.g., 60-hour rule).
- Review weekly demand / volume for routes, determine potential gains from re-routing, and recommend re-routes to the routing specialist.
- Set and monitor productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver.
- Assist with data collection and reporting required for incentive pay programs.
- Promote a union free atmosphere and where appropriate, establishes collaborative relations with unions.
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
- Acquires and coordinates temporary workers assigned to assist drivers on routes.
- Ensures that drivers comply with physicals, drug or alcohol tests, and training required by regulatory agencies.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with Company/Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Documents problem fixes and provides instructions to dispatch/service should problems recur.
- Communicates and follows-up on sales opportunities, problems at customer site, DVIR repairs, container swaps, and safety issues reported by drivers.
- Notifies customer service of delivery days for specific areas.
- Ensures set-up errors and missed pickups are reported and resolved.
- Documents and maintains records required by regulatory agencies such as the Department of Transportation.
- Reviews and audits documentation related to route operations on a daily basis (e.g., DVIRs, driver time and attendance, open tickets), following-up where appropriate.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
About Our Benefits
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.