Front Load Garbage Truck Driver
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Front Load Garbage Truck Driver at our site in Bowie, TX. This position is Monday-Friday 4 am start time working an 11 hour day. In this position you will be servicing our commercial customers in a Front Load Garbage Truck.
Click[Register to View] to view a “Day in the Life” of our Drivers.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
What we offer:
- Yearly Safety Bonuses
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- 401K Match Program
- Uniforms/Safety Gear
- Boot allowances
- Stable Year Round, Full Time work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to read route Tablet/sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform Daily Pre-trip and Post-Trip DOT inspections on vehicles. Such as checking fluids, safety equipment, lights and tire pressure.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday with an occasional Saturday as needed, with overtime often.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Valid Class A or B CDL license with air brake endorsement Required.
- Clean Driving Record.
- Working knowledge of D.O.T. laws
- Ability to work 50-55 hours a week
- Schedule flexibility to work M-F with (occasional Saturdays but No Sundays!)
- Willingness to submit to and pass background check and pre-employment drug screening test
- Ability to read, write and comprehend reports to complete daily assignments
- Physical demands include:
- Ability to function in a wide variety of environments to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments (i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and move and maneuver up to 100 pounds
- Ability to mount and dismount the truck multiple times every day while on route
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
On top of competitive pay we offer family benefits, 401k, vacation, and year round OT.
- Class A or B Commercial Drivers License.
- 2+ years of CDL driving experience
- Clean Driving Record.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)