Swing, Driver Residential
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
$5000 Sign On Bonus
Why work for Waste Management? The Value of a WM Job is more than a paycheck.
We are Committed to your Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and your family
We are People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We are Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful work
We are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day Care, and more!
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
Safely operates a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on swing routes.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: No education required.
- Experience: Two (2) years previous experience in a driver position.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- Eligible to legally work in the United States.
- Must be atleast 18 years of age.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Acceptable driving record required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”