Master Technician Residential
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Performs complex major repairs, including troubleshooting and rebuilding major components on WM vehicles, both Diesel and CNG as well as other WM equipment. Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement of components, utilizing a high skillset/knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, engine and transmissions. Must be able to communicate well and train and mentor WM technicians.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards. Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Perform inspection, diagnose and complete complex repairs of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Performs engine rebuilds on Cummins and/or Mack Engines.
- Provide assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel on repairs.
- Conduct training with Technicians on-site and off-site as assigned.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate and complete repairs.
- Accurate estimates time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Advises supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and coordinate needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns on complex situations
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: Five (5) years of previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- ASE Master Certified T-2 through T-8.
- Certified in Cummins and/or Mack CNG & Diesel Engine and Diagnostics.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Mastered Proficiency in Allison Transmission Repair and Diagnostics.
- Mastered Proficiency in Electrical Repair and Diagnostics.
- Mastered Proficiency in CNG Fuel Repair and Diagnostics.
- Mastered Proficiency in Regen System Repair and Diagnostics.
- Mastered Proficiency in Rebuilding Cummins and/or Mack Engines.
- Experience with Hydraulic systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively to train technicians in advanced and complex repairs.
- Ability/Willingness to obtain CDL Class B endorsement if not currently held.
- Skill in operating tools and equipment to perform repairs, knowledge of parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment, skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.