Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Waste Connections Incorporation
Union Graveyard Driver (R-43102)
Arrow Sanitary is looking for a safety conscienceCommercial Front Load Driver to join the team in Portland Oregon. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus! This shift will Start at a 12AM start and will end when route is Completed, generally 9-11 hours/day. Hourly Wage is $30.85/HR, Plus Union Benefits. Who We Are:Waste Connections is a non-hazardous solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling service in 41 states in the U.S. and 6 provinces in Canada. With our 16,000+ employees we are the third largest provider of solid waste service in North America. We are also the leading provider of exploration & production (“E&P”) waste disposal services in the U.S. and a provider of intermodal services in the Northwest.What We Offer:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Union Position offering Union benefits
- Pension Plan
- Competitive Pay ($30.85/HR)
- Yearly Boot Allowance of $300.00.
- Yearly Safety Bonus of up to $1,750
- Year round work with Overtime.
- Paid Time off
- Team Building Events
- Food Trucks and BBQ’s
- Annual Company Picnic
- Ability to safely operate a Front Load Garbage Truck on specified routes to collect solid waste. Waste experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View]
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
target="_blank">[Register to View]
. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest. Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)