Area Sales Director - Northern California/Nevada
- Focuses on the quality, as well as the quantity, of sales results.
- Drives new business improvements as well as retention and growth of existing customer base; Focus is on maximizing profitable revenue growth across the Area.
- Drives the Area sales strategy, in alignment with the Corporate Sales function, working closely with Market Sales Managers, Operations, Area Pricing team, and other Corporate and Area resources as applicable.
- Meets or exceeds sales, price & cost management related targets as determined by the Company and the Area.
- Commits to and follows processes relative to Coaching/Developing talent, managing activity, and continuous improvement.
- Ensures Customer satisfaction through direct communication and solicitation of feedback.
- Leads, trains, monitors and motivates the sales team.
- Draws insight and action from sales and revenue reporting. Accurately forecasts monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue streams.
- Maintains awareness of competition and trends affecting the industry.
- Works with other Districts, Area, and Corp management to maximize the value of collaboration.
- Continually develops talent through hands-on recruiting, hiring, training and coaching.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of managerial employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 25+ full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of 50+ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited), in Finance, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Ten (10) years of previous experience (in addition to education requirement).
- None required.
- None required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds part of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.