Pricing Analyst / Sr. Accountant
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Waste Connections Controllers bring their number crunching expertise along with their strong communication skills to help guide our company to profitability. Controllers don’t just keep score, they are active in our operations, know our business, and provide a solid financial foundation for our company to succeed now and in the future. If this sounds like you, we want you to keep reading the description below.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Our company is a nationwide, publicly traded industry powerhouse and we are looking for best in class accountants to leave the world of audit and public accounting behind for an opportunity with incredible growth and leadership opportunities. We provide work life balance and continuous skill training to always prepare you for advancement to the next level.
Our Pricing Analysts instantaneously make an impact on the bottom line by understanding our business end to end and being agents of change and process improvement. Your role will continuously develop as a business partner and analyst, working hand in hand with Operations both in the office and in the field to achieve success.
This is an opportunity for accounting professionals who are entrepreneurial minded, appreciate an autonomous and unstructured work environment, and want to take an interactive role in providing leadership and guidance in a progressive and growing industry.
What you will do:
- Work with field controllers to learn the operations for our Region locations, focusing on learning the distinct operational nuances that effect financial performance.
- Build and maintain a detailed database of financial best practices and be the field go-to for questions and assistance.
- Assist the Region Controller and Region Vice President with special projects and reporting.
- Review operational and financial efficiencies of various lines of business at operating locations and make recommendations.
- Prepare and participate in budget and forecasting meetings at a Corporate and Regional level.
- Participate in key rate analysis projects that will drive company decisions, such as capital deployment. More areas will be incorporated into the role as Waste Connections continues to grow.
- Work on RFP and Pro Forma projects for new business.
Important Demonstrated Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Experience in a public accounting firm or publically traded company strongly preferred
- Good documentation techniques with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills. In this position you will need to communicate with all levels of Waste Connections employees, as well as regulators and government officials. Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in a fast paced and ever evolving environment of operational excellence and accountability.
The candidate can expect limited travel of 2-5 days of travel per month (on average).
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and nearly unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)